Monday, February 8, 2010

Raspberry Vinegar

3 cups fresh raspberries (or frozen, if they are sweetened, you would lesson the sugar)
4 cups cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar

In saucepan, combine vinegar and sugar; bring almost to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.  Pour hot vinegar mixture over berries cover jar tightly and let stand at room temperature 48 hours. "Strain through a cheesecloth into a clean bottle or jar. Store in cool dark place" Yield 4 cups vinegar.
(I blended the berries into the vinegar mixture and strained. I put into a quart jar and put into the freezer. I thaw what I need when I make the Strawberry dressing and return the rest of the vinegar to the freezer.  You may wish to half the recipe and you would still have enough for several batches of dressing)

No comments:

Post a Comment